In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new orleans

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
ive got a question for you guys. ive read bits and pieces on hear about what happened during/after katrina. i cant believe i hadent heard any of this. although thats not surprising considering the intentions of the media. anyone have any links to share on the subject?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    or similar events where this happened
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First of many hits:

'gun confiscation after Katrina'

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/second_amendment/0506r/index.html
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    that bullsnit is just sickening. what is wrong with this country that noone is taking a stand?
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    As of yet, we are too thinly spread .. there is little to no support for a show of force.

There MUST be a nexus .. some law passed .. that will unite those of us left before there is a possibility of effective resistance.

We will never have the majority of the people on our side...but we need enough willing to support us for a movement to succeed.

Things are too good, yet .. for the bread and circuses continue to hold the people enthralled.
    One must be patient...for moving too quickly merely ensures that we lose another Patriot to the Beast...for nothing.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The naked truth of gun confiscation in America, courtesy of ABC News:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgPR9I4KMNI
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I actually talked to one of the national guard members who was involved in the Katrina mess. I asked him how he could call himself a pro-gunner when he was in a military unit depriving people of their firearms when they needed them most.

His * expression changed, and he gave me some propaganda about stabilizing the situation. Shows you whose side the government run "militias" and police are on. [:(!]
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    That Nat'l Guardsman is a prime example of what I've said all along.

The officer and enlisted corps of our United States Armed Forces along with many LEOs will do EXACTLY what they are told to do and when to do it in a "national emergency". In the name of "stabilizing the situation" and bringing calm to the communities, these empty uniforms will systematically take your rights and freedoms.

You WILL then be faced with harsh choices: Will you give up peacefully and become a slave? Or will you confront your brothers, your sisters, sons, daughters, friends and foes alike who are tasked with "restoring peace"? What do your liberties, freedoms and rights truly mean to you?

Will you be prepared to fight your kin-folk?

- If your answer is YES, then realize that the government will have a sure-fire way to ensure that the resisting minority numbers stay scattered and disorganized, thus much easier to crush. All avenues of communication and means of travel will be either cut off altogether or limited with 'monitoring' by the goons dressed in black. Expect this prior to the "rounding up" of weapon caches that are in the homes of proud gun owners/defenders of freedoms. It will become extremely difficult to readily organize and "march" our way back to freedom.

That's why I think it wise for the 'Patriots' of today to reach out, find those in our communities, cities, counties and towns that will stand beside us in that perilous time. Form a 'silent coalition' and commit to the rebellion which will be surely needed, when that dire time comes. And ... develop foolproof ways of communicating with one another on a routine basis without modern-day technology (celphones, internet, etc.) so when the time comes, you'll be able to organize with very little hinderence.

I'm currently doing this in the area where I live and I'm surprised at how many people have committed to the 'cause'. Of course, differentiating between those who commit as opposed to those who will actually participate won't be known until its time to fire the first shot. I won't expect a huge groundswell, but the more you solicit, the better the odds of increasing the amount of 'participants'.

- If your answer is NO, then we will try to free you from your self-inflicted bondage in hopes of having freedoms restored. But just remember, it was YOU, the lily-livered, selfishly coward sissyass, that would NOT stand and defend that which God had so blessed you with.

Just some food for thought and if you have any other suggestions, post them. We need all the ideas possible as 'dooms-day' could be just around the corner.

quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    I actually talked to one of the national guard members who was involved in the Katrina mess. I asked him how he could call himself a pro-gunner when he was in a military unit depriving people of their firearms when they needed them most.

His * expression changed, and he gave me some propaganda about stabilizing the situation. Shows you whose side the government run "militias" and police are on. [:(!]