In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

store front signs no ccw

anna3650anna3650 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
Who has the skinny on these signs that say no wepons permitted
im sure its been covered on here before but i gussed i missed
it.
IS IT A PRIVATE PROPERTY THING?

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    It is illegal to carry in to a government/state building, or any establishment that serves alcohol, and obviously skoolz where all the kidz are at; Other than that it is not illegal to carry anywhere, even if a sign on private property states no firearms. You will be breaking their rules and they can may and probably will ask you to leave. I'll give you a little hint though don't tell'em, keep your concealed weapon concealed.

this advice may vary state to state, and was free, take it for what its worth.

No matter whose property you are on you are still a sovereign individual with the inalienable right to privacy. If someone discovers you are carrying a weapon on their property and asks you to leave you would be well served if you did without any confrontation.

Never give up inalienable right in America they are God given.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by anna3650
    Who has the skinny on these signs that say no wepons permitted
    im sure its been covered on here before but i gussed i missed
    it.
    IS IT A PRIVATE PROPERTY THING?
    Depends on the state you are speaking of.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ky, that is why I asked what state. I can carry into bars and in my car onto school grounds, legally. If a business has a sign, and I am caught carrying, all they can do is ask me to leave. If I don't leave, THEN I could be charged. Obviously other states are different.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I recall, it is the same here in NV. Of course, government buildings, schools, airports, etc., are all off limits.

If it is a private establishment with a sign then all they can tell you is to leave. If you refuse then the cops will probably be called and you will have some explaining to do.
  • Options
    anna3650anna3650 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If a private business does not want you to carry, be polite and respect his wishes. He has a right to select who enters his premises, and you do not have a right to infringe upon his rights as a property owner.

There are, no doubt, other businesses that will welcome your patronage.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by d_tierne1
    IN

Your profile says IL.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is anyone from these states, that can answer them??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In Indiana places you may NOT carry:

Government buildings
    Schools
    Church
    Places that serve open containers of alcohol

There are NO CCW signs here, and if I remember correctly, cannot be legally used here other than in places previously stated.
  • Options
    Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    my mother lives in IN and i have a PA ccw.
  • Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    North Carolina states that the CCW permit does not AUTHORIZE a person to carry in an establishment that has a sign prohibiting it. I rarely see the signs except in a few malls and what not. Since I do not patronize malls it is not an issue. There is one near me that has no signs. I will go in there. I quit drinking years ago and it irks me to no end that I have to suffer for drunks. We are not allowed to carry in any establishment serving alcohol regardless of whether we are drinking or not.

This is not comprehensive but it is a good starting place.
    http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/