In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The New California Law and....

lapriesterlapriester Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
what it means to sales to California C&R FFL holders.

Sales to California C&R holders are exempt from the new reporting or permiting law that came into effect on July 1 in CA requiring a special permit or number for an 01 FFL to ship to CA. .

An 01 FFL can sell a C&R long gun to a C&R FFL holder in CA without complying with the provisions of the new law. A C&R FFL holder inside or outside of CA can sell a C&R long gun to a C&R FFL holder in CA without complying with the new law.

A private person can sell a C&R long gun to a C&R FFL holder in CA without complying with the new law.

Here is a cut and paste of a personal email sent to me from a CA DOJ agent after I requested a clrification of the C&R exemptions listed in the new law:

Larry:

As follow-up to our conversation regarding shipping approval number exemptions for shippers sending C&R longguns to California Type 03 C&R licensed collectors, I provide the following from our Departments posted FAQ's on this new subject:

#4 Are any California FFLs exempt from the CFLC verification approval requirement?

Yes. The CFLC program does not apply to FFLs with Type 03 (curio and relic collectors) and Type 06 (ammunition dealers) licenses.

As you see, your ability to receive C&R longguns directly is not affected by California's new shipping requirement. Out of state FFL's or non-licensed individuals shipping to you in California are exempted from having to retain an approval prior to shipment.

Hope this clears up any questions regarding your activities as a Type 03 C&R licensee in California.

Sincerely,
Mr. Dana McKinnon
Field Representative
Bureau of Firearms
(916) 263-4881

If you want to be forwarded an original copy of the email for verification please drop me a line and I forward it to you.

This business of 01 FFL's not selling to CA C&R FFL's has got to stop!! You are only hurting your fellow gun owners and collectors for no logical reason since the law does not apply to C&R sales of long guns to CA C&R holders whatsoever.

Thanks,

Larry Priest