In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CA Dept of Justice Rights Violation

WHendersonWHenderson Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
I have a problem with the Dept of Justice here in CA. They denied my last dros and are saying I'm a convicted felon, which I am not. They said the burden of proof is on me to prove I am not a felon on a misdemeanor case from 22 years ago. I was with a guy that stole a radio out of a car, and we both went to jail for 459pcBFMV. I went to the court as they asked, and got a couple letters, stating it was a misdemeanor and that I have no felony convictions. The DOJ does not accept my official superior Court documents, they say they have "conflicting information" The DOJ is walking all over my rights. I talked to the attorney that represented me on the case, and he confirms that it was a misdemeanor. I may need an attorney to help clear this up. Any help would be appreciated. I have purchased 15 rifles and 1 pistol over the last year and a half. I did a personal weapons check first. The DOJ said it was okay for me to purchase and own guns. This is something "new, out of the blue". Is this a common trick used by the DOJ to deny people their rights? They have delayed me for 4 months now, it's not right. If it were true, that I was a convicted felon, that would mean I am a felon in posession of 15 illegal rifles. 15 felonies, and 15 more felonies for lying on the dros forms. I really dont want them coming to confiscate my rifles and pistol. (for absolutely no reason) Does the DOJ think I am so stupid, I would risk my freedom and losing my rifles by lying about my past? I would really like some profesional help on this. Thanks. -William

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    If you want professional help, seek a lawyer.
    If you want sound advice, move your arms to an "undisclosed" location right along with ammo, until you get this sorted out.
  • Options
    WHendersonWHenderson Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is what my wife said. But if they call me, and say "Mr. Henderson we would like you to surrender your weapons." What am I going to do? Say no? They would come get me. So I'm not to fond of the idea of hiding the rifles. Thank you for your time and your input I sincerely appreciate it. I may hide the all my uppers though. If I take my Son to the range and get pulled over on a traffic stop, the officer will check me and think I am a felon and take me and my guns in handcuffs. Not what I want to happen.

I just got a call from the DOJ, stating that this matter should be cleared up by tomorrow. I dont know if I believe them, or they are trying to make me think all is fine, and they are coming to take my rifles away. I dont know what to think, the DOJ knows I'm not a felon. In no way, shape or form. I guess I'll know in a few days, the lady claimed she was going to make a letter of approval for my firearms dealer, and I would have to re-dros at no charge. We shall see if they speak the truth. Sorry to be lengthy, but when someone labels you a felon, especially the DOJ it had me pretty worried.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WHenderson
    That is what my wife said. But if they call me, and say "Mr. Henderson we would like you to surrender your weapons." What am I going to do? Say no? They would come get me. So I'm not to fond of the idea of hiding the rifles. Thank you for your time and your input I sincerely appreciate it. I may hide the all my uppers though. If I take my Son to the range and get pulled over on a traffic stop, the officer will check me and think I am a felon and take me and my guns in handcuffs. Not what I want to happen.

I just got a call from the DOJ, stating that this matter should be cleared up by tomorrow. I dont know if I believe them, or they are trying to make me think all is fine, and they are coming to take my rifles away. I dont know what to think, the DOJ knows I'm not a felon. In no way, shape or form. I guess I'll know in a few days, the lady claimed she was going to make a letter of approval for my firearms dealer, and I would have to re-dros at no charge. We shall see if they speak the truth. Sorry to be lengthy, but when someone labels you a felon, especially the DOJ it had me pretty worried.

WELL, IF I were confronted about arms I HAD owned (before I sold them ) I would have to tell them I don't own anymore.