In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What do you think ?

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
I rarely ask other peoples' opinions concerning right versus wrong ..feeling that generally the answer is obvious.

Going to make an exception, here.

Member posted a topic concerning Georgia ... something to do with airports and Marta; I did not see enough information to draw any conclusion where the topic was going.

After several days, I suggested making a post over on General.where there is far more traffic. I also suggested a short synopsis of what this was all about. I thought my post civil and an attempt to gather information for the poster.

The reply I got was all about how I advocate `rule-breaking'.what a big hypocrite I am.

After all.one MUSN'T post gun control topics over on general.

Rather snotty, snithead post ..even if I do say so myself.

Actually...there is one moderator over there that considers himself sitting in front of God...deflecting whatever he personally considers to not be of `general interest' wherever he considers them to belong.

SO ...anyway...I did exactly what I would have done in real life. I told the poster my opinion of his attitude.

The topic has vanished.

The question and opinion sought...did I do wrong ?

It certainly appears that one has a serious problem with me personally....and I shall cry myself to sleep tonight over it.

I think.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Highball, I saw the thread you mention.

Your suggestion was appropriate and I thought, helpful.

The reply left me shrugging my shoulders, since I didn't see where he/she/it was reading "rule-breaking" into it and why he/she/it was taking shots at the "no-compromise" crowd here in Gun Rights due to your suggestion.

I have to admit, your reply to that one cracked me up. I actually laughed out loud. "Let me make it clear" and something about a horse, I think.....[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Answer to your question.....you did nothing wrong from where I sit.
  • joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too had a hard time understanding where the suggestion of "breaking a rule" was mentioned. But........ I will say gunbroker and it's moderators do a nice job of keeping a forum which is not hate filled and not allow misinformation or attacks on people or groups (except the liberals, as it should be). Just agree to disagree so we can all be happy again. Just my .02 , Joe.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    Highball, I saw the thread you mention.

Your suggestion was appropriate and I thought, helpful.

The reply left me shrugging my shoulders, since I didn't see where he/she/it was reading "rule-breaking" into it and why he/she/it was taking shots at the "no-compromise" crowd here in Gun Rights due to your suggestion.

I have to admit, your reply to that one cracked me up. I actually laughed out loud. "Let me make it clear" and something about a horse, I think.....[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Answer to your question.....you did nothing wrong from where I sit.

+1
    I replied last night (real late) and thought your reply appropriate.

Matter of fact, in "real life" I probably would have fixed his lower jaw for him if he insisted on talking that way to me.

I don't know why he had a bug up his *, but obviously he wanted to argue.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    What do you think ?
    I think that particular poster came in this forum, looking to START a fight.
    Nothing new, just consider the source.

Your initial reply WAS appropriate, and I too thought you were trying to be helpful.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess I missed it...

Oh well, the law of averages tells me you'll piss someone else off in short order [;)]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Well, there are men replying whose opinion I deeply respect.

Good enough for me.

I have often been accused of 'driving off' strong Second Amendment supporters with my crude, boorish behavior and manners of speech.

What I generally reply is...perhaps they ought to grow a pair. Hothouse flowers don't do well in the open air and elements...and neither do fair-weather patriots.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HB,

I must have missed it.

I have often been accused of 'driving off' strong Second Amendment supporters with my crude, boorish behavior and manners of speech.

What I generally reply is...perhaps they ought to grow a pair. Hothouse flowers don't do well in the open air and elements...and neither do fair-weather patriots.

and the sight of their own blood after being cut with the sabre of truth tends to produce hot-headed tantrums in these folks.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

Well friend, I have little use for "sunshine patriots" myself. I have met my share of them in my short stint in my "extra cirricular" activities. 99.9% of these S.S.P. crow what great patriots they are, and how WRONG they belive the direction of the country is heading. Yet these lazy, worthless S.O.B's can't manage to get motivated to meet, train, or even e-mail there existence. F-em' . I would take ONE real man from here, to a thousand of those POS. I have huge respect for the likes of YOU, Lt, Pickenup, ws, WW, 1776, OI, ect. Screw the rest of those "patriots", as I have NO use for them.
  • thebigsdthebigsd Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have any problem with it being posted in the general forum and I don't think it should have been removed. However I do think the more appropriate forum is the Gun Rights or Politics forum. Either way great topic, thanks for alerting us to it.