In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

the reason I didn't celebrate.....

wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
WASHINGTON (WUSA) -- District residents can start registering their guns today. But at least one very high profile application was already rejected.

Dick Heller is the man who brought the lawsuit against the District's 32-year-old ban on handguns. He was among the first in line Thursday morning to apply for a handgun permit.

But when he tried to register his semi-automatic weapon, he says he was rejected. He says his gun has seven bullet clip. Heller says the City Council legislation allows weapons with fewer than eleven bullets in the clip. A spokesman for the DC Police says the gun was a bottom-loading weapon, and according to their interpretation, all bottom-loading guns are outlawed because they are grouped with machine guns.

Besides obtaining paperwork to buy new handguns, residents also can register firearms they've had illegally under a 180-day amnesty period.

Though residents will be allowed to begin applying for handgun permits, city officials have said the entire process could take weeks or months.

Anybody still believe the SCROTUS decision was a "victory"?

Comments

• Options
    shamtasticshamtastic Member Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    so, only revolvers or single shot pistols?
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sham,

Who knows. I guess the decision is left up to D.C., instead of the Constitution.

Courtesy of the U.S. Supreme Court.[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are the citizens going to do? File another suit?

How many years will it take for the new suit to work it's way through the system, before it comes before the SCOTUS?

All the while, FREE to enforcing their tyrannical laws.

Mr Heller has now, by his own admission (according to their interpretation) been found to posses an ILLEGAL firearm.

And the saga continues.....
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    i knew that ruling was to good to be true
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I wonder, of those that saw this as a victory, will still be cheering when they ban ammo too.

Their decision didn't directly protect ammo, only "individual right to arms".

When DC only allows black powder weapons, will the masses STILL be cheering?

[V]
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All I can say is "UN-FRIGGIN BELIEVABLE".
    When will the populous realize that our Government is like a nice soft teddy bear with poison razor sharp fangs and claws !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    thebigsdthebigsd Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Heller decision is not a quick fix. But with it the United States Supreme Court has declared undeniably that the 2nd Amendment is indeed a individual right to keep and bear arms. It will take time. It is still a victory (a major one) that DC residents are at least allowed to own revolvers after a 32 year complete ban on handguns. They now have at least a fighting chance at defending themselves.