In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

45 acp Fiocchi Brass, any good?

floorguy24floorguy24 Member Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm going to be reloading 45acp now and was wondering if my 45 acp Fiocchi Brass that I fired as new ammo is good enough to reload multiple times? Or is it "junk"?

I going to be reloading Starline brass mostly, but just wasn't sure what you guys think about Fiocchi Brass.

Thanks. [:D]

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Starline and Winchester. Never tried Fiocchi but if its reloadable I would reload it. I use to shoot 45acp alot and I usually lost the brass before I wore it out.
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    No problem, great brass. You will find it a little thicker then Starline.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    As with any NEW brand of Brass or Bullets load 10-20 rounds and make sure they chamber in the barrel of YOUR pistol . loading 500 rounds and then discovering they will not function is[V][:(!][:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    I like Starline and Winchester. Never tried Fiocchi but if its reloadable I would reload it. I use to shoot 45acp alot and I usually lost the brass before I wore it out.

I'm going to try it out, and hope I can keep finding most of it after shooting. I'm getting pretty good at it now, but still seem to lose a few here and there. Lol. Oh well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by geeguy
    No problem, great brass. You will find it a little thicker then Starline.

Good, that helps. I just wasn't sure, but had to ask. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    As with any NEW brand of Brass or Bullets load 10-20 rounds and make sure they chamber in the barrel of YOUR pistol . loading 500 rounds and then discovering they will not function is[V][:(!][:(]

That helps too, Perry Shooter. Will do. [^]
  • Options
    noell316noell316 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I am at the outdoor range for practice in put dwn a small ground tarp for the brass to collect on.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by noell316
    When I am at the outdoor range for practice in put dwn a small ground tarp for the brass to collect on.

I was thinking about a couple ways to make it easier, and there's one right there.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Regular target shooting I'd stand at the front left of a large tarp, even then I never got all the brass from that AMT 45. However that does not work when running through the sage brush chasing rabbits or driving cross country in a 4x4 engaugeing rouge picket pens. I never loose brass from the wheel guns.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    I never loose brass from the wheel guns.

That's what I like about my revolver too.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used quite a bit of it and it is good serviceable brass.
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    Fiocchi makes good brass.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I went with the Fiocchi brass and loaded up 14 230grain LRN bullets. Took them out to the range and they were on target. They cycled through well and so I was very pleased.

Now onto the next 500 or so loads...[:D]