In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Bronze Point bullets

deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
I'm looking for 150 grain 30 caliber Rem. BP bullets if anyone has any available,please email me.Does anyone on this forum use them and how have they performed?thanks

Comments

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IIRC, they've been obsolete and discontinued for quite some time. Good for their time, but greatly outclassed today by the Nosler Ballistic Tip in the same weight.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    oneoldsaponeoldsap Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Were they ever sold as a component ? I don't recall .
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think they were sold as a component at one time, but since I never bought any, I'm not positive.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They did, at one time, sell as a component. I did some experimenting with the 150's 20 years ago in .30/06's and never had much luck with them (3" groups). More recently, I ran across an old box of 180 gr. Rem. bronze point at a gun shop and loaded them with 57 gr. of IMR4831 in some '06 cases with a REM-UMC headstamp (going for the retro effect!). I shot them in a much-modified Rem. 1917 Enfield. Four 5-shot groups averaged and inch and a quarter. That's good enough for me! So I've reserved the rest of the box for that rifle.
  • Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 70 of these bullets. They are in three different sorts of component packaging.

Are you interested?
  • Options
    270cowboy270cowboy Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the bronze points in my 270,
    130 gr factory ammo.GREAT bullet for
    elk.I have a few hundred bullets to
    reload just need to figure out a starting
    point.
  • Options
    270cowboy270cowboy Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Midway sells them as a
    seasonal product,currently
    out of stock
  • Options
    MichibayMichibay Member Posts: 816 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    YEARS AGO used 180's on deer...did a fine job! I would think 150"s would be great for Antelope...and Deer too!
  • Options
    deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    many thanks to richarda,i'll use them sparingly