In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need help on reload

boltactionboltaction Member Posts: 505 ✭✭✭
My buddy gave me 1000 rem. RXP hulls and 750 RXP wads but I cant find a load for them in my lyman shot book.All I can find is a load for RTL hulls. I want to get a skeet load. I'am using Unique powder with these hulls and 1 1/8 shot.I'am thinking 19 or 20 grams of unique. any help out there Thanks

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 4th edition Lyman Shotshell doesn't have RXP. In the RTL section it lists a Unique load for 1 1/8 target light field of 19gr with a WAA12 wad Win 209 primer. RTL are one listed as one piece tapered case with no seperate base wad.

Might be time for a new book as those AA marked HS don't work with reg old AA's.
  • Options
    FWAdditFWAddit Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Lyman Shotshell Handbook, 3rd ed., does carry RXP data. You might be able to go on line to find a used copy.

In the meantime, here's the pertinent data from Lyman.

Using 21.5 gr. of Unique under the RXP wad in an RXP case with a Remington 97* primer is listed as giving 1195 fps with 8,800 L.U.P. pressure. If you decide to branch out to a field load, raising the charge to 24 gr. of Unique gives 1270 fps and 9,300 L.U.P.

Another target load: with a CCI 109 primer, 22 gr. of Unique gives 1205 fps and 8,400 L.U.P.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, and that is GRAINS, not grams of powder.
    20 grams would be about 300 grains.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I think he ment to say DRAMS [;)]