In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

reloader

I have a lee turret and I have been wanting to upgrage to a dillon. I reload 9mm and 223. and if I get any onther firearms I will reload those also.. A few questions are they worth the 400 bucks? is there a free shipping coupon? and do you like it?

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You simply can not go wrong buying a Dillon Reloading press. Buy the BIGGEST press you can POSSIBLY afford, get case feeders and all the automatic stuff too, you will not be disappointed.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Dillon 650 has served me well for a long time now. I reload 9mm, .45Acp, .223/5.56, .308/7.62. on it. As bpost said, you cant go wrong. They have a lifetime warranty, break anything for any reason and they replace it.
  • Options
    Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    I am looking for 450 for my max
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are absolutely worth the price!! I replaced my Star with a 550b and couldn't be happier. The staff at Dillon will walk you through any problems and they replace any part that goes bad - FREE!! I agree w/ Laredo, buy the best one you can afford. They are upgradeable to a degree and the caliber swap out is a cinch.
  • Options
    Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get at least the 550. I love mine and would not trade it for any other press out there. I called the other day and asked them for some of the primer tube tips and had them in hand in three days no charge. One time I bent the plate star thingy by not having the bullet in the cartrige (it fell out) and crushed the it. They sent me a new one no problem and it was my fault. Best people in the world even better than RCBS and thats saying alot.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Don't wind up being penny wise and dollars too cheap; pay whatever they ask, and pay it ONCE! You'll never walk alone after you own a Dillon.
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    550b here. buy the best one you can afford. cry once. you'll thank us all later
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lucky_Lefty

If you get a older 450 it's going to cost at least $100 to upgrade it.
    Why not buy the 550 for less expencive up grade to progressive [?]
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters
    quote:Originally posted by Lucky_Lefty

If you get a older 450 it's going to cost at least $100 to upgrade it.
    Why not buy the 550 for less expencive up grade to progressive [?]

I think he meant 450 is his max dollar amount he wants to spend. A $450.00 budget.
  • Options
    Layne12gunLayne12gun Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    put your Lee Turent for sale on Gun broker and let me know when you do Ill bid on it.. Love my Lee loaders and looking for another turent.

thanks