In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Brass manufacturers for whom?

Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
In the previous question something was touched on briefly regarding which manufacturers produced or are producing ammunition brass for whom?

Years ago, I had bought a quantity of ammunition marked as "Browning" both on the boxes and on the headstamps. It more than satisfied my rifle and myself ... good stuff.

I've used ammunition previously headstamped "Nosler" that was not packaged as Nosler ammunition ... good stuff.

I've used other ammos with the PMC and/or PMJ headstamps but boxed and labeled by others, and so on. And I do realize that they have various labels of their own.

I'd imagine that for a large enough run, many of the manufacturers would be willing to stamp near anyone's brand for the headstamp of the brass.

Would folks here enlighten me on who did or does for whom?

I had thought that PMC/PMJ would manufacture their own cases, etc?

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alan Rushing,

One of the interesting ones I found is the .223/.243 WSSM brass manufactured by Winchester but headstamped 'Federal'.

Nosler is mostly if not completely made by Norma which accounts for the outrageous pricing.

Both Norma and Lapua private labeled for Herters at one time or another.

Bertrams of Australia will private label for anyone with the money. Most Americans have learned the hard way about how soft their brass is though.

Hornady will create a private headstamp for a price and a minimum order of 100,000 cases.

Best.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A long time ago Speer used to contract for various manufacturers to draw their brass. We were using the Speer .45ACP "flying trash-can" 200 grain jhp and they couldn't supply our order one year because the company they bought from couldn't meet their needs. I think PMC did some contract work for others as well.