In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

#57 shotshell primers

Are they still used in some shotshells?They are slightly smaller than
winchester or Remington # 209 primers

Comments

• 243winxb243winxb Member Posts: 264 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are no casings/hulls for them being currently made.
    [url] https://saami.org [/url]
  • rhoperhope Member Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The G57 primers are the old "Remington" size primer. Remington switched to the "Winchester" size 209 primer a number of years ago.

If you have some old Remington cases these are the primers you need. I seem to recall that they would also fit some of the old European cases.

Some other companies also used the G57 primer. I have a number of 10 gauge Alcan all brass cases which use this primer. Since these cases appear to be almost indestructible I keep my eyes open at gunshows and such and have picked up a few boxes now and again.

If you have a supply of these primers and no use for them I am sure that there must be a few other people like myself who still do have a use for them.

So find yourself some old Remington cases (paper or early plastic) or put them up for auction or take them to a gun show (this might be the best idea because of the hazmat shipping charges).