In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

30 caliber sabots

Several years ago I bought some sabots to reload 3006 22 cal.bullets
I loaded several.I've misplaced my reloading data.Does anybody have the info.I know I wrote down the different loads I was trying,but can't remember where I put it.I guess I have CRS

Jim

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    www.eabco.com has the loading info. Click on reloading and ammunition then sabots. It brings up a page of data, then click on the 3006 page and copy it.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Someone asked me about those couple months ago.

Are they called excellerators or something like that?
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Accelerators" is the trade mark for Remington factory loaded ammo.
    I tried loading some several years ago and had poor results. Not accurate enough to the varmints that would be suitable for the bullets used. My advice-once you start shooting them, don't clean the bore. My rifle required numerous fouling shots before any semblance of accuracy was produced.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was asked to help develop load data for .30-cal sabots a couple decades ago. I burned up a lot of components before I arrived at the conclusion that they were - a waste of components.

Don't waste your time, effort or money.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.