In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.263 dia. bullets

hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
I noticed some .263 dia bullets here on gunbroker. I'm wondering what the significance of that dia of bullet is? Could I expect to get equal accuracy from these bullets as .264 dia bullets? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    maybe not top notch accuracy but they will work ok
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    is the seller's micrometer working properly?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    JustC these are unopened boxes of herter's bullets, and they show a diameter of .263 right on the box. I was going to use them in my 264 Win Mag. I think I remember someone saying that Norma made bullets for Herter's. and they thought they were a pretty good bullet.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hadjii,,

Prvi Partizan and Lapua still make bullets with a 0.263" diameter. These were for some of the older European cartridges which used smaller bore/groove diameters such as the 6.5 x 48R Sauer.

Yes, Norma did make bullets for Herters and still makes some very fine Match VLD bullets for competition.

Best.
  • Options
    XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If these bullets are Norma (or an outfit in Finnland), they may have a laminated jacket composed of copper alloy on the outside and soft iron on the inside. Bullets of that type of construction were commonly held slightly undersize...no problem at all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies and information. We'll just have to see how the auction goes. If I win the auction, I'm gonna try and get a load worked up that will be satisfactory for hunting accuracy. If I can do that, and use them only for hunting, then I should have enough bullets to last the rest of my life, unless of course, I win the lottery and start hunting really really hard. Now that would be something. LOL