In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Burris Fastfire scope on .45 ACP

geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
I have been through several scopes like the Burris Fastfire on my slide mount .45 ACP that did not hold up well. Has anyone actually used the Fastfire on a large caliber pistol with good results? I am thinking about purchasing one, but the last two other types did not hold up well even though they stated they could handle a .45ACP.

I do not have an option for a traditional style Ultra Dot on this pistol, so that is not up for consideration.

Looking for actual experience with the Burris Fastfire.

As always, input is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Buy an Ultradot red dot if you want a slide mount . or if you can find a Gilmore 35 MM I have shot over 200,000 rounds with my wadgun with same Gilmore slide mounted only thing I ever replaced was battery Holder ring.
  • Options
    noyljnoylj Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at the warranty. If it breaks, send it back.
    J-Point makes a good one and you can talk to him about it.
    I have a slide-mounted Fast-Fire and it works fine.
    I would prefer to get the Leupold sight, but I don't know why they can't have a simply dot. Get a Dokter, if you can find one.

I love answers to "I can't use an Ultradot" that are "use an Ultradot."
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info on the Fastfire. BTW, checked before I bought the others with the sales staff at the companies direct, I have sent the scopes back and they sent new one's that lasted a few shots, sent back and they supplied new one's, I put them on .22's, they work fine. Costs me frt. every time I return them so the "send them back" makes little sense since I'm looking for something that will actually work.

Love the Ultra dot's, just don't have room for my needs on this gun.

Again, I appreciate the input from everyone.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Get the Leupold, they will hold up.