In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

anyone tried CFE 223?

Looks good. But does it perform as well as advertised?

Comments

• dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    The new issue of Shooting Times has a write-up on it. They showed pictures of the barrel before and after of it and another powder.
    The CFE223 left the barrel very clean.
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HA! Thank you for asking. Just today I phoned Hodgdon powder Co. @1-913-362-9455. I spoke to Mr. Tom Bowen marketing manager. I told him that I could not find any CFE-223 powder. Cabelas and Sportsmans in both Reno, Nv. and Redding Ca. have never received a shipment of it. Neither have any of the local sporting goods stores. It is on back order in my two most used mail order houses. He "assured" me that Hodgdon has sent out 30,000 pounds of it. He asked me to "be patient, we will be shipping another large supply at the end of the month". I also mentioned the full page ads in various publications Why advertise if you don't have it to sell? (spring issue VARMINT HUNTER page 49).
    Now,this is my clubs experience. If another members local gun shop shelves are overflowing with the stuff, I am happy for you. In the mean time I will make due with H335. Eddie