In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sendero Barrel.....question

How is the chamber on a factory Remington Sendero barrel. What I mean is are they cut to tighter tolerances like a match chamber or are they still basically just a factory chamber....Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IdahoRedneck,

It's a factory chamber with all the drawbacks attributed to such.

But I will tell you that many of the factory Senderos shot with a decent degree of accuracy in spite of having factory chambers.

If you need a better chamber, I suggest getting a Remington action then having a top-of-the-line barrel chambered and installed by a gunsmith. Drop it into the Sendero stock.

Best.
  • Options
    IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    Thanks that's kinda what I figured[^]
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For whatever reason, the Sendero rifles shoot amazingly well for factory rifles. I have one in 7 mag and will own it until the barrel is shot out and replaced. My guide in WY tried to buy it after he saw what she can do.
  • Options
    IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JustC
    For whatever reason, the Sendero rifles shoot amazingly well for factory rifles. I have one in 7 mag and will own it until the barrel is shot out and replaced. My guide in WY tried to buy it after he saw what she can do.

Thanks for the reply, do you match prep your brass for that rifle as well or is it another the "factory chamber and groups wont know the difference"

I'm building a Long range rifle on a budget....Was lucky enough to find a Sendero take off in 300 ultra, and had it installed on my 300 ultra sps action, bought a Bell and Carlson A2 tactical, and now Im on to running the load ladder again. 300_ultra_makeover.jpg

Hoping to find a load that does as well as my previous load did......which brings me to Match prepping. Bought a neck turner,and a neck sizer, weight sorted my brass to 1 grain lots, uniformed the primer pockets and deburred the flash holes. So im hoping all that work will be noticeable, if not I enjoyed doing it i guess[:)]
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you probably won't see any difference since it is a factory chamber. Just remove the high spots on the necks is what I would do.