In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Damn it boy!

bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
Hate when that happens![:I][:D]
DSCN0002.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how's your * feel when yer depriming those mistakes??? Mine is always trying to eat my seat.[B)]
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JustC
    how's your * feel when yer depriming those mistakes??? Mine is always trying to eat my seat.[B)]
    they push right out
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah, Houston, we have a problem.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No problem,
    Just load the round back-end-to so the firing pin can hit the right side of the primer.
    Right,
    Or am I missing something here?
    [:D][:D]
    p.s. Sort of like the problem with nails that have the heads on the wrong end. You just use 'em on the other side of the house.
    p.p.s. You could always change your screen name from "bambambam", to
    "bam-oops-bam"[:D]
    And finally, lest anyone misunderstand, I've done that one more than a time or two myself over the years.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just throw it in the island of misfit toys like I do.

Not worth it to unload it for the components when you get a reversed primer IMO.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always single stage deprime and resize then handprime all my cases. I don't make as many rounds, but it allows me to concentrate on making other mistakes.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Just pull bullet and powder and deprime, pushing slowly and reprime.
    My Dillon flipps a primer once in a while like that. And that's how I fix my aw chit,s [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nemesisenforcer
    Just throw it in the island of misfit toys like I do.

Not worth it to unload it for the components when you get a reversed primer IMO.

+1

I have some of those too. I keep them in a jar to remind me what not to do.[:I]
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    I use those for cleaning off firing pins. [:p][:D]
  • Options
    jce12gajce12ga Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmmm...

Maybe I shouldn't have had that fifth glass of scotch while reloading after all!!??

Came close to this a couple of times using the an auto-prime on my single stage press. Primer would load into auto-prime and flip up on its side or inverted. Just goes to show you always need to pay attention.

Drop of oil to "kill" the primer, pull the bullet, deprime, reflare, reprime and good to go.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't done that.......yet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    I haven't done that.......yet.

It's a first for me.[:I]
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First time around it seems near unimagineable and perhaps ominous . . . subsequent ones not so at all.

When in doubt, I've tumbled in liquid medium to inactivate the primer . . . to remove any doubts.

I recover the components that I want to salvage and then put it with other odds and ends to tumble for a bit . . . no big deal.

That is is no doubt not called for or indicated, but it is easier, cleaner and neater than cleaning one's underwear after the fact! [;)]