In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

No more ammo for M1, Springfield, Carbine matches

jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
Camp Perry will no longer issue ammo for the above. Handloads or buy your own.

I like this personally, as I can now shoot loads that are proven performers in MY guns.

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a look at the statement released by the CMP:

CMP No Longer Issuing Ammo at CMP Matches
    "The CMP will no longer issue ammunition to competitors for the Garand, Springfield, As-Issued Garand, Carbine or any other CMP matches. This includes the National Matches and all Regional Games Events (Eastern/Western Games, Oklahoma Games, Georgia Games, etc.). Competitors may purchase ammunition at the match or bring their own. Ammunition will be for sale at all CMP National Matches at a special discounted match price. For the 2012 National Rimfire Sporter Match, Lapua will donate 50 rounds of .22LR ammunition to every competitor."

Best.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    [xx(][xx(][xx(] One reason I quit going to Camp Perry was when they stopped issuing ammo on the Firing Line. The DCM/CMP was originally intended to have a BACK up of civilian shooter to act as Training personal in case of war time NEED . In my opinion they wanted to know how the Civilians stacked up when compared to the Military Marksman ship teams.They did this by having matches. IMHO the only way to have a level playing field is to make all competitors shoot the same type of issue weapon.[^] Then strictly control all modifications of these weapons[^].Plus make everyone shoot the same LOT NUMBER of issue ammo[^].First change was when they would only give you the exact number of rounds needed for the match. Of Course. Some military teams had a leg up because they had been practicing with that ammo before Perry . Then came the second change one shooter might get one year and makers production of AMMO and another shooter get a different brand and year . Military teams got the same lot they had shot before coming to perry . Civilians COULD sign up for small arms firing school and BUY ammo $1.00 a round [V][:(!] Then came ROLL your own AMMO and relaxed rules on what you could shoot 9mm Beretta and how far you could modify STEEL inserts in the aluminum frame and removeable barrel bushings but with the 1911 you still could not use a magazine with a bumper pad LIKE THAT WAS AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE [:(!] I know this sounds like sour grapes on my part but I did make President 100 Ten Times shooting issue ammo . Fifth place and highest scoring Civilian in 1989 of 1000 shooters and was Captain of the Winning Civilian team 3 Times "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"