In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

3 gun equipment

instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
At this point all I have shot has been steel challenge and USPSA. I really want to get involved with some 3 gun matches.

My question relates to how much equipment I will need to buy. Thinking of the belt; will 3 (4x4) shotgun caddy's, 2 ar mag holders, and 4 pistol mag holders be enough? I have never shot in three gun and this has been nagging me. Thanks for the info

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been shooting 3-gun for years. I shot the Soldier Of Fortune 3-gun for 12 years. You dont need a box full of gear to be properly equipped.

Most 3-gun stages involve using 1 or 2 guns, once in a while 3 guns. For the shotgun stages, I have a belt that carries 4 6 round shotgun caddies. That gives me 24 rounds plus the 9 in the gun to start. That is usually enough to get through any shotgun stage.

My regular pistol belt carries 2 double pistol mag holders which gives me 5 magazines to start a stage. It also carries 2 pouches for 30rd rifle mags so I will have 3 30rd mags to start a stage. These ammo counts are always enough to get me through any stage.

When you start a stage, most of the time guns you will be using are pre-loaded and holstered or staged somewhere along the way for transition to when needed or required per the course description. Sometimes a gun may be staged on a table unloaded and the course of fire will require you load it prior to engaging targets.

Be safe and have fun.