In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reloading For a 9mm Hi-Point Firearms Model 995TS

hermiemhermiem Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
I've looked at quite a few 9mm Luger "bull-pup" MP's and carbines and actually test fired a few. Bottom line is that I just purchased new and in the box a 9mm Hi-Point Firearms Model 995TS Carbine.

Some of my online research indicates that because the ballistics for a 9mm Luger for carbines and rifles are so very different from a pistol that you can load them hotter with a heavier grain bullet. I usually reload my 9mm's using either Berry plated 115 Grain or Meister lead 115 Grain RN bullets at between 950 FPS to 1,000 FPS. I researched several that indicated that I should go up to 130 Grain bullets with about 1,100 FPS.

Any suggestions or positive comments are welcome on the subject.

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stick to book loads with whatever bullet you want, the longer barrel will increase MV by about 25FPS per inch.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I run 124gr fmj around 1100fps in my carbines. These were chronoed in a 5" barrel. They run very good in the rifles.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks!

quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Stick to book loads with whatever bullet you want, the longer barrel will increase MV by about 25FPS per inch.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks!

quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters
    I run 124gr fmj around 1100fps in my carbines. These were chroned in a 5" barrel. They run very good in the rifles.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    The carbine from Hi-Point is the ticket for 147 grainers, and even 158s if you work your load up carefully.
    I want one in .40S&W to see if those 180gr. fmjs are worth buying!
    The 995 lets you extend the range (and accuracy) of your 9mm handloads to almost 300yds.