In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Part II - Reloading Hi-Point Firearms Model 995TS

hermiemhermiem Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
Well I finally got around to actually shooting my Hi-Point 995TS last weekend. It is a great fun gun to shoot. I loved it - EXCEPT for the ammo jams. About every 3rd or 4th shot jammed. I've done a lot of research on this and I've read suggestions that the problem ranges from faulty magazines to bullet seating depth.

My reloaded ammo has been through both Lee's "Bulge Buster" and "Factory Crimp" Dies. (I'm a big fan of the Lee Factory Crimp dies myself.) The issue that keeps surfacing is the bullet seating depth. I've using Berry's 124 gr RN bullets. The seating depth is at 1.02 inches. I've had suggestions to go down to .96 inch or below. Any constructive comments or suggestions are appreciated as always.

Regards,

hermiem

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where and how is it jamming? Stove pipes, failures to extract, failures to feed????

Have you tried factory hardball ammo?
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I've always seated 124-125gr in my 9mm to 1.160-1.169, That length always fed good in all my pistols and thr four rifles I have.
    Try about that length for yours.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 for more info. Have you tried some factory ammo and a different mag? Maybe your ammo is fine. Perhaps it doesn't like the bullet profile, it's new and needs broken in then cleaned and lubed.