In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Herter's Model 333 & 40

I have been looking for information on a couple Herter's reloading presses. The first one is a Model 333 and the other is a Model 40. Does anyone know when these were made and what I would expect to pay for each?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Usually big heavy cast iron, c type not as strong as they look. Make sure the ram is tight. Most take their shell holder but you can get an adapter to use easy to find snap in style. My dad used a #3 in the 50's to load 12ga plus rifle and pistol. I wouldn't pay a lot for one and last year I turned down a free one that was well used.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I started reloading with Herter's equipment in the late 50's and I believe a lot of others did, too. The reason was price. At that time, RCBS or Hollywood dies cost $13.50 and Herter's dies were less than 5 bucks! Presses, etc. were priced low, too, compared to other brands. Many of us would probably not have started reloading had it not been for Herter's. The press was a big, heavy, cast iron C-press. Most of the presses of that day were C's. They had too much "spring" for full length resizing of rifle cases. Long ago, I got a RCBS Jr. and then a Rock-Chucker and gave away most of my Herter's stuff to help some one else get started reloading.