In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RCBS AR sizing dies

BAT60inBAT60in Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
Has anyone used the RCBS AR series die set? I am considering them for .223 and .308 semi-auto. How do they compare with RCBS small base die set or any of the other manufacturers' die sets?

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    RCBS are one of the best. It depends on what rifles you are loading for. I use RCBS full lenght for me AR'S and Lee collet for my bolt gun. And RCBS competion dies for my 308 bolt gun. So far I've only shot factory 308 in my M1A match.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BAT60in,

The only comparison is that RCBS is including the Taper Crimp die in a set with the Small Base sizing die. Previously the TC die was only available by Special Order through their catalog. That's it, they took a Special Order die, added it to a regular Small Base die and probably doubled the price with a fancy name. Being owned by ATK only gets you higher prices NOT an increase in quality for the cost.

Best.
  • Options
    BAT60inBAT60in Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is what I originally thought too. However, MidwayUSA had the RCBS AR series die sets for .223 and .308 for $37.99/set; and, the RCBS small base die sets for $38.49/set. That is what made me question the AR series die sets, and was looking for some feedback from those who have used them vs. other die sets.