In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cleaning solvent

Ray1946Ray1946 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
I have about 500 moly-coated bullets that a friend gave me. Is there anything special I need to do to shoot these bullets in a .223 AR with a chromed bore? Is there a special solvent or lube for the bore? Thanks,...................Ray

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The moly is the lube. It is getting the moly out of the bore after shooting them that may cause you some problems. If you are going to use them for general purpose shooting I would not worry about it a bit.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    You should use Kroil to lube the bore before and after to keep the moly from building up in it. That's why the moly coating fad didn't last. They found if the build up wasn't remover it caused problems.
    Put moly coating in search and read the older posts there.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters
    You should use Kroil to lube the bore before and after to keep the moly from building up in it. That's why the moly coating fad didn't last. They found if the build up wasn't remover it caused problems.
    Put moly coating in search and read the older posts there.

+100

It's great for plugging AR Gas tubes. I feel in the same trap, never ever again.[xx(]