In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

LC 74 & 75 Brass

RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
I found a quantity of .308 brass that is head stamped "L C 74" and "L C 75"
I wouldn't give it a second thought but for 2 things.

First, this is unfired, unprimed brass, and,
Second, assuming it's of good quality (which it appears to be) I'd like to re-size it for my 7-08.

Any thoughts or knowledge of this brass?

Thanks,
Rob

Comments

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Treat it like any other brass.
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back when I first got a 7-08 ammo and brass were impossible to find in my area. Used lots of LC 68 and 69 brass. It worked well enough but you wind up with a short 7mm-08 case with thick brass at the case mouth, more so than with commerical brass it seemed.

It worked great for me in my application but if your bullets have a cannulure(never used a 7mm bullet that did) and your trying to seat them long to be close to or engage the rifling you may experience problems.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    you 'might' run into neck thickness problems, but other wise they will work
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank for the help, guys. I'll proceed with caution.
    Have seen lots of LC brass in the past, only loaded or once fired.
    Didn't know it was available specifically for reloading.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    If you wanna be really cheap about it, back the decapper out and resize with the original primer in the case... I've done that with a lot of GI 30-06 going to 8mm Mauser.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you wanna be really cheap about it, back the decapper out and resize with the original primer in the case... I've done that with a lot of GI 30-06 going to 8mm Mauser.

Jonk
    That's what has me mildly puzzled. This isn't loaded, or even primed, brass. Looks brand new inside and out like you might buy from WW or anyone else as new, unprimed brass for reloading. Didn't know LC came that way.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I missed the unprimed. That is odd. I have seen USGI brass this way, but never so recently made.