In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

feedramp

vette81vette81 Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
Having trouble with a few rounds hanging up on the feedramp of a Kimber 1911. Does this mean I need more crimp. Seems to be a little edge on the case mouth.

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 45 ACP should not be roll crimped, it should be taper crimped.

Have you tried a different magazine?

What is your load and bullet?
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Taper crimp the case mouth to.469 Look at Sticky on top of page Thoughts on crimping semi auto pistol ammo
    EDIT Sounds like your sizing die is not going all the way to the extractor groove. If you are shooting 45ACP in a GLOCK you may need a special die to get rid of the bulge caused by your Glock unsupported chamber . Try some factory cases in the Kimber and keep those empties separate reload them and try only those in the Kimber. Also the rims should not be rough unless you have a burr on either the ejector or extractor I have loaded some 45ACP case up to 50 times
  • Options
    vette81vette81 Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both mags are new. Pistol has had only 100 rounds or so shot through it. Factory ammo feeds with no problem. Im using a Lee factory crimp die and check each round with a wilson chamber gauge all of the rounds should chamber, although there were a few rounds that the rim of the case was rough and would not seat all the way down without a slight push. So I checked all the rounds with the barrel removed, almost all of them were tight at the rim. Also checked them with the barrel from my Glock 36 they were still tight but not as bad. Also checked both with factory ammo they fell in and out with no problem. The brass I reloaded is all once fired. Any suggestions would be grately appreciated.[8D]
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Which sizer die are you using? I use either RCBS or Dillon carbides and when I check for drop-in like you did they fall in like a factory load. I have found that by just starting the loaded round into the sizing die it makes a nice taper, but still leaves the case mouth for headspacing.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is your load? what bullet what powder, how much?