In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.45 GAP Ammo

blujns30blujns30 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
. I use a taurus .45. ACP millennium. can i use the GAP. Ammo in this.... Thought maybe it wouldn't. Jam so much

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your gun can chamber and fire 45ACP then 45GAP is not correct.
    Taurus would not be my first choice.

If your gun is new, clean it and shoot more to break it in and clean/lube it again. Try different ammo to see if it likes one style or type better, same with mags.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Most function problems on semi auto pistols come from the shooter not holding the gun FIRM ENOUGH. and not enough oil This is a MACHINE with moving parts and Moving parts need LUBE.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A semiauto pistol is not like a 357 revolver. You can't use ammo other than what's stamped on the side.
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    Are you using factory ammo or reloads?

I would use factory ammo until break-in is complete.

Also Perry is right on, how are you holding the gun? It you are weak wristing it, pistols are prone to jam.

If you have a pro on the range where you shoot ask him to watch you and give pointers. Ask he to shoot 50 rounds, see what happens.

No don't shoot 45 GAP in it. It won't fix the problem.
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The .45 GAP has a case that is shorter than the .45 ACP, and it will not headspace on the case mouth properly in a .45 ACP chamber. Do not use the GAP in the ACP.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Riomouse911
    The .45 GAP has a case that is shorter than the .45 ACP, and it will not headspace on the case mouth properly in a .45 ACP chamber. Do not use the GAP in the ACP.

Concur. .45 GAP will NOT work in a .45 ACP pistol. It's not designed to.