In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock die

Who makes the sizing die for the glock fired brass (9mm and 40 S&W)???
Thanks,
Jim[?]

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    be aware that once a case is BULGED it can be straighten but it will FOREVER BE WEAKEN in this area KABOOM[xx(] THROW it in the trash
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use Lee four die sets for both the 9mm and .40S&W....never had a problem...PS I have never heard of a Glock specific sizing die...my 2 cents...reloader44mag
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When using a throw away gun, use throw away brass.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I somewhat agree with Perry that a bulge flattened out can never be as strong as it was, but if you want to try, go to Midway and look up the Lee Bulge Buster Base Sizing Kit. You have to have a Lee Carbide Factory Crimp Die, the Bulge Buster is just the parts to drive cases all the way through the CFC die.

If you want something fancier, there is the Redding G-RX Base Sizing Die which comes complete... for more money total and only in .40.
  • Options
    the middlethe middle Member Posts: 3,089
    edited November -1
    I reload "Glock Bulge" brass all the time. It works just fine. Dont go max with it, which I dont even with new brass anyway. Ive fired thousands now, no Kaboom.

Gen 4 Glocks dont have near the bulge the older ones do, hell, my 1911 brass has larger bulges now.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BGHillbilly

Ain't THAT the truth!!!!!!
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Navybat
    quote:Originally posted by BGHillbilly

Ain't THAT the truth!!!!!!

I'll take all of them you throw away [;)][^]
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by the middle
    I reload "Glock Bulge" brass all the time. It works just fine. Dont go max with it, which I dont even with new brass anyway. Ive fired thousands now, no Kaboom.

Gen 4 Glocks dont have near the bulge the older ones do, hell, my 1911 brass has larger bulges now.

+1