In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Want to start casting bullets??

Comments

• Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Indeed! If I didn't have 2 lube sizers I'd bid on that myself. I've also dealt with that seller- top notch service.
  • Options
    NordicwargodNordicwargod Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm interested in getting one and would like to check it out. The whole gunbroker site is down right now except for the forums. I can't log onto my account or do any searches. whats up?

Also one of my auctions should have ended this evening and I usually get an email if it does or dosen't sell. Getting on this site in the evening here on the left coast has been difficult lately. Do they do maintenance around 10pm pst.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Bruce, if you are going to spend that much, go a little more and get this, http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-BULLET-SIZER-AND-LUBRICATOR-PRESS-/290803701019?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b540
    Ask Karl about them [;)]
    I had the Lyman and got a Star and gave the Lyman to a friend and never looked back [^]

If you need a lead pot, I have a Lyman to put up for sale.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters
    Bruce, if you are going to spend that much, go a little more and get this, http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-BULLET-SIZER-AND-LUBRICATOR-PRESS-/290803701019?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b540
    Ask Karl about them [;)]
    I had the Lyman and got a Star and gave the Lyman to a friend and never looked back [^]

If you need a lead pot, I have a Lyman to put up for sale.

That is very nice indeed. I saw Karl's Star luber and his loader at his house a while back.

I have so many sizer dies for my old Lachmiller (now RCBS) that I'll just stick with it. I like to size each bullet, take it out, look for flaws then stack it base down in layers, separated by beer case cardboard, in cigar boxes. I use the beer case cardboard because it is very strong yet thin. When I get low on it I have an excuse to go buy more beer!!! [:D]

If you list your lead pot make sure you put the link here in reloading, somebody is bound to need one. I have a 20 pound RCBS pot that has served me very well for decades.