In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WSM & SAUM Bullet Puller

AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
Neither my Wilson collet type or my hammer style inertia bullet puller will accept these cartridges. Who makes a bullet puller for these?

EDIT: My inertia puller, while RCBS green, is a Quinetics. The body will accept a SAUM case but WSM's won't slip in there all the way. (I've used the shell holder trick before.)

Comments

• Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, hadn't run into that yet, knew 300 WSM required me to modify my Lee Auto Prime to get it to work. Have not needed to pull a bullet yet.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ambrose,

You need the RCBS (if that's the inertial puller you have) magnum base. The three aluminum pieces held by the rubber o-ring. Give them a call.

Or, John at the Gunstop has them:

www.gunstop.com
  • Options
    DresserDanDresserDan Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you tried taking the collet out of the RCBS style and putting in the shell holder?This does work on some.Dont know about this one.
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DresserDan
    Have you tried taking the collet out of the RCBS style and putting in the shell holder?This does work on some.Dont know about this one.
    That solves part of the problem and now I know what I can due when I get pissed at the collet, just use a shell holder.

A factory 300 WSM fits snuggly(tighter than the guns chamber) and a fired case will not go in my puller itself so it won't work with a neck sized round for sure or anything even slightly larger than factory ammo.
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beware with the RCBS pullers, if you fool with them too much and change the set up they'll crack where the 3-piece collet fits and you're off to buy a new one...(I found this out the hard way)
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Riomouse911
    Beware with the RCBS pullers, if you fool with them too much and change the set up they'll crack where the 3-piece collet fits and you're off to buy a new one...(I found this out the hard way)

Fortunately with RCBS, they are very good about replacing the one you broke. The sent me a new cap.

You don't have to reef down on the cap very hard at all. Just enough to hold the shell in place. It won't go anywhere if you have the rim locked into the tangs on the aluminum pieces.