In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sierra 110 gr. Spitzer(Pro-Hunter) & 6.8

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
Does anybody have the newest Sierra reloading manual and could give me a list of the powders it shows for the above bullet and caliber?

Jon

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is nothing in version V (five) on the 6.8 spc. I would email them, and say hey there is no data in version V what data should I go by. They will likely email you back with some information. They have always been helpful to me in that regard.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    There is nothing in version V (five) on the 6.8 spc. I would email them, and say hey there is no data in version V what data should I go by. They will likely email you back with some information. They have always been helpful to me in that regard.

Thanks! I will go that route then.

Jon
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jon,

It really doesn't matter much which bullet manual you use. Just use any load data for similar bullets that weigh 110 grains in the 6.8. Chances are you can't duplicate all the criteria anyway. Changing any component in a specific load will change the outcome. All the bullet makers whether Speer, Sierra, Hornady etc. will commonly use the same powders. Powders are more caliber specific then anything else.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Out of the Hornady book 110 gr.

H4198
    RL-7
    AA1680 25.7 GRS. gave highest velocity
    N 130
    RL-10X
    N 133
    H 322
    AA2230
    Benchmark
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can tell you IMR 8208 XBR works with that bullet. Start @ 27 gr. and work up. Hodgdon gives a start point of 28 gr. if you wanted to start just a little higher.

Other than that on the fast end I would say AA2015 and on the slow end, RE-15. 4895 is a 'go-to' powder for this case. Not always optimal, but always workable.

Do you know which chamber you have? And what rifle platform are you using? An AR? If an AR, RE-15 only works with the heavy bullets in this caliber. Too much RE-15 with a light bullet puts too much pressure back in the gas tube.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sandwarrior
    I can tell you IMR 8208 XBR works with that bullet. Start @ 27 gr. and work up. Hodgdon gives a start point of 28 gr. if you wanted to start just a little higher.

Other than that on the fast end I would say AA2015 and on the slow end, RE-15. 4895 is a 'go-to' powder for this case. Not always optimal, but always workable.

Do you know which chamber you have? And what rifle platform are you using? An AR? If an AR, RE-15 only works with the heavy bullets in this caliber. Too much RE-15 with a light bullet puts too much pressure back in the gas tube.

The rifle is a Ruger Mini 6.8. Here is what I have for powders already:

Varget
    Benchmark
    IMR 4350(Brand new can)
    H 4350(very little)
    Reloader 7(very little)
    Reloader 22

Jon
  • Options
    poshposh Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp Try this but you may have to go through their system before you can look at the load. You can use the data for the 110 gr Hornadys. By the way this is one of the most useful sites I've found.

Edited because the copied link didn't take me to the actual load data.