In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

300 blackout load?

DAMMITDONDAMMITDON Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
need loading data on sub sonic A/R 300 black out,with can

Comments

• steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    300 Blackout is so new that theres not a lot of info available. The most I've found is at www.300aacblackout.com there is a discussion forum with the designer as moderator and an entire thread about reloads.
  • wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    300 blackout is THE SAME as 300 whisper(R).....use Whisper(R)reloading info
    I don't shoot it and I'm @ work, so I don't have any loading manuals handy, but there is plenty of load info available
  • lksmith03lksmith03 Member Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my pet load is 10.0gr SR4759 under 200gr Speer HotCor
    velocity range is 1071-1125fps Cycles reliably from Carbine length gas system and stock carbine lower, and HTG M30-A. very quiet, makes a hiss like opening a soft drink
    Mine doesn't lock back but cycles. However with a heavy hammer spring cycling reliability is spotty.
    I have experimented some with H4198 using charges 9.5-12.1gr but haven't chronoed and haven't done enough testing to speak to reliability on.
  • lksmith03lksmith03 Member Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used SR4759 and H4198 since the "recommended" powder (Accurate 1680) is not available within 100 miles, so I went with burnrates similar to that. One thing to note is that most300 Whisper loads were developed for single shot and bolt action rifles, not semi autos, so many loads will not cycle an AR.
  • DAMMITDONDAMMITDON Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANKS FOR THE HELP,DON