In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

No primers for 9 months!?!?

rawiron1rawiron1 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
RELOADERS. ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes. it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/guns-and-ammo-production-maxed-out-“this-is-a-society-preparing-for-war”.html

[:0]

Comments

• Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I was a Chinese, Russian, or even third world businessman with the funding for the machinery and cheap manpower, I'd be producing ammo components, (not ammo, much simpler and cheaper just to produce the components) and filling cargo ships headed toward the U.S. Wolf/Tula come to mind. There are millions of bucks waiting to be made.
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny, I have had no problem getting primers and the shelves here have plenty.
  • Options
    pirate2501pirate2501 Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The shelves are full here too. Bought a box of 1K small pistol primers tonight.
  • Options
    laylandadlaylandad Member Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pirate2501

I wish that I could find some small pistol primers! [:D]

I haven't seen those in a few months.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

It was like that here in Northern Idaho until the inauguration and all the nasty gun control talk started happening. Everything flew off the shelf the next two days.
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by laylandad

I wish that I could find some small pistol primers! [:D]

I haven't seen those in a few months.

I just picked up 10k of them a few weeks ago. My local was out and i called every morning to check. The day they said yes, i went in and bought them. It took about three weeks of calling daily to get a yes though.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Limit is 500 per purchase and price is double normal here in the midwest.
  • Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was looking for something else and saw this add listing primers. I know nothing about primers, seems they have a limited choices.

http://www.lohmanarms.com/reloading_primers_s/2097.htm