In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

220 Swift (update)

A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
Found some 40 grain Nosler bullets.

CCI 200 primers, 45 grains of Winchester 760.

4360 fps out of a Ruger #1.

First shot was at a crow at 210 yards. Don't know why the other crows didn't flee when the first one exploded but they sure did when the second one also exploded.

Amazing how violently the crows come apart.

Seems accurate, will see with paper when the weather gets better.

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a real go-fast bullet. Surprised it made it past 50 yards without exploding!
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    That is a real go-fast bullet. Surprised it made it past 50 yards without exploding!

Not surprised the Nosler's didn't come apart. They have a thicker tougher jacket. I found this out shooting my .257 WBY. I had a number of bullets explode. At 100 yds. I had groups of 8". Then out of the blue I would shoot a 1/2" group with the Noslers. Walking downrange one time I see what looks like a throwing star stuck in the target. It's a jacket of a bullet I just shot at 200 yds. That's when I figured out that it was only the Noslers that were hanging together. And, why their accuracy was so good. The same bullets in my .25 WSSM were BOTH extremely accurate.

I was about 1/2" from wrapping that .257 Wby around a tree when I finally figured it out. Once that happened I loved it.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "First shot was at a crow at 210 yards"
    No sight in or zero check?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    "First shot was at a crow at 210 yards"
    No sight in or zero check?

That was the zero check.[8D] It worked...[;)][}:)][:D]
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    unlucky crow(s)??????????
  • cwinncwinn Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How did the crow taste?

You weren't just shooting it to get your rocks off on your new handload, right?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cwinn
    How did the crow taste?

You weren't just shooting it to get your rocks off on your new handload, right?

Eating crow never tastes good[xx(][xx(].....[;)][:D]