In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Okay folks, fair warning...

Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,107 ✭✭✭✭
If you weren't aware of it, I retired from gun writing a while back. Done. Fini. Kaput.

As a result, I'm going to allow my webpage www.reloadingroom.com to expire when my hosting agreement is up in October. You have 90 days to download and save anything you want from it (for personal use only, it's still copyrighted) because after Oct 5, it's gone.

Note: the page doesn't display properly in Internet Exploder, another reason why I'm killing it. Use Firefox or Chrome to view it.
I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.

Comments

• XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Peyton Autry, Jack Oconor, Elmer Keith, Grits Gresham and now Rocky !
    Damn I must be getting OLD !
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm deeply but very undeservedly flattered. I simply don't belong in that list, my friend.
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who did you write for?
  • geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Your website will be missed. I've been reloading almost as long as you and I still go back and re-read your "reloading 101". It is required reading for any new reloaders I work with.

I printed a copy for future reference for the new reloaders since the site will be gone. Hopefully you will still be here at GB, since I always found your advise to be spot on.

Thanks for the years the site was available.
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grew up reading Jack. Got to shake Elmer's hand and had a signed book.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rocky, I well recall your article on plated bullets in Handloader magazine....I bought a Ruger .44 Special as a result of that article. I don't usually note authors of magazine articles but did on that one. As has been said, what other publications have you written for?

And I would like to thank you for your service: Both here and in the military.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At one time or another, I've had articles in every shooting magazine except Shooting Times and Guns & Ammo. Shooting Times doesn't use any freelance material and G&A had an editor who wanted me to change a product review to favor an advertiser. So I couldn't submit to ST and I wouldn't submit to G&A.

I also wrote for all the "Digests" and similar annuals. I have two of what I consider "pinnacle" achievements: I did the first major article on reloading the 9mm Makarov for American Rifleman and I had the cover story for Handloader on the .375 Win.

I got an email this morning asking me to compile all my stuff on a DVD for sale. I'm considering it, but I'll most likely just give it away or make it cheap enough to just cover my expenses.
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's very cool, I wish you well in retirement.
  • TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I learned a TON from you regarding loading low-power loads in .30 caliber.
    Your work is much appreciated by myself and many, many friends who do the same.

I also appreciated your responses to questions I have had over the years on this very forum.

Thank you Sir!
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We still get to pick your brain here, right?[:)]
  • badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    We still get to pick your brain here, right?[:)]

[:D][:D][^]
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd be interested in your 'collected' works!
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    Glad you made it out in good shape. I was a friend of Charles Cutshaw. He fell down some stairs at his house and died.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    I got an email this morning asking me to compile all my stuff on a DVD for sale. I'm considering it, but I'll most likely just give it away or make it cheap enough to just cover my expenses.

If you do, make sure you let us know.
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to worry (too much); it's been crawled by the internet wayback machine so you can find comprehensive, if not total, archives.