In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Case Length

geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
FOR PISTOL:

As Perry stated, some get shorter, however, I run mine past a Maximum length gage and have never had a problem with minimum cases. I can't remember trimming a pistol case except for a speical gun like a S&W 52 (needs .010" under minimum), or when cutting down a 44 mag to a .44 special. May have over the years, just don't remember doing it.

That is for pistol only and does not apply to most rifle brass.

Comments

• Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    What is the tolerance when trimming 45acp cases? After sizing mine run .890" to .896 before trimming. .888" is the minumin length. I have 3 different lots of cases. I am trying to load for the best possible accuracy for a Kimber. I usually shoot a revolver and this is my frist attempt at case trimming. Thanks
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I'm with you Grant, the only pistol brass I ever trimmed was for a 50 Action Express I had.
    W.D.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    I worked with a few guys that liked 9mm pistols, that German squeeze gun and a S&W back when they started going wild with model numbers in the mid 80s. The guns seemed particular on case length due to spacing on the rim, but if the case was long and got trimmed, that seemed to end the problem. I preferred a Python and a M66 so I didn't have to deal with such nonsense.
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had to trim some 32-20 and .30 luger. Bottle necks are different than straights.
  • Options
    The Old SaltThe Old Salt Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    454 Casull cases! Had to trim after 3 reloads.
    They grew in length enough they would fail to fully seat in a Ruger super red & I was not running full power loads.