In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7.62x39 "belted"

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
I realize there are some pretty coarse tolerances in some of the Commie AK's but this is extreme. I'm just happy that this stuff was fired far away from me. I won an auction for some mixed range brass a while back and am just getting around to processing it now. The sizing die I'm using has a fairly sharp entry point that ends up pushing up a belt just in front of the extractor groove on some of the "most swollen" cases. I have a different brand sizer die but I think the 40-50 worst cases will not get loaded even if I could size them.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow sounds like a lot of work swedging cases. What press are you using and what lube?

I once picked up a full box of 8mm Mauser out in the desert. I have no clue what they shot in but full length sizing required me to change the press to pull up on the ram, as 200# pushing down wouldn't work, even with sizing die wax.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just for experience, I tried a Lyman sizer-it has a little bevel at the bottom. It will size with enough effort but there's still a bump above the extractor groove which is enough to prevent chambering in my Remington 799.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I had some 9mm brass that gig the same, looked like 9mm belted magnum after sizing [xx(]