In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trimming 30 Carb Question??

74man74man Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
I have a question on triming the 30 carbine cases. I read in the Speer #14 reloading book that the shell headspaces on the case mouth. I mic'd my cases and they are 1st reloads but they measure anywhere from 1.277 to 1.290 and the trim length is 1.285. What do I do with the cases that are under 1.285? Do I just press the bullet into the case until the reach the OAL or what? These cases have been shot only once and range in manufacturers from Remington, Aguila, Federal and S&B, which I have grouped to the Manufacturer. I am going to use the sierra 2100 rn bullet. I will adjust the powder as needed to get the best accuracy but my Question still stands, are the under sized casings ok to use and what about the crimp? Thanks to all that respond. Reloading newbe!!

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    picked up over 1,100 LC a while back and found the same as to length. Just trimmed the long ones and loaded them. .008 is not going to make a difference unless your firing pin is too short.