In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Alcan 5

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭✭
Got about 5 pounds of AL 5 that is good. Dont use it for shotgun anymore, any good handgun loads for it? Hate to not use it up. Rifle?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Ive got six pounds of AL 5 I would like to burn up. I have found books with recipes for handgun loads, and shotgun, but I would really like load some rifle loads. Cant find any in the old books. Ill use it in handguns unless someone has an old book for rifle loads.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I still have 6 pounds of AL5 that I cant find a good load for. Its old but still good. Id be happy to trade somebody for 3 pounds of something I use if anyone has a use for it.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cut and pasted "Speer No 9 has data for the Alcan powders in several pistol cartridges. By their load tabulation, Al 5, 7, and 8 all fall between Unique and Blue"
  • Options
    XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....and all of the Alcan powders are very clean burning.
    lucky you.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    In Propellant Profiles there is an article by John Wooters about Al 5, but he only lists a couple handgun loads (357 w/non-jacketed bullets)