In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

16 rounds, 4 seconds.... from a revolver!

nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
I thought you all would enjoy watching this short video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0FbUMqoyjDw

I wish I had his talent...

Best.

Comments

• Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apparently lots of folks like watching these high speed demonstrations, BUT what's the real point? Kind of like watching John Force run 1/4 mile in 5 seconds. Heck of a waste of ammo(or gas).
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm no expert, but I don't think Mr. Miculek thinks he wasted any ammo. Well, maybe that one he dumped kinda low [:o)].
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    Apparently lots of folks like watching these high speed demonstrations, BUT what's the real point? Kind of like watching John Force run 1/4 mile in 5 seconds. Heck of a waste of ammo(or gas).

In the level of competition that Jerry competes, speed and control are everything, by watching Jerry you can then strive for better levels of control in your own shooting. It isn't what I'm into as 90% of my pistols are single shots, but it is the control that is the key to understanding. If Jerry did not have that level of control he would not win very many matches.
    I shot 3-gun for a very short period of time and I learned that you never strived to shoot fast, you strived to shoot smooth, once you became smooth you will become fast. So basically slow is fast and fast is slow, that is because slow is smooth.
    Just as John Force wouldn't win very many Drag Races by driving a Prius and getting 45mpg, Jerry wouldn't win very many matches by shooting slow and conserving ammo. So not a waste in the lest. Oh, the record Fop Fuel Funny Car was set by John Force on 2-08-14 at 3.965 seconds and 324.12 MPH in 1000 feet, they haven't been in the 5's in 20 years.