In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9mm UC-9 or Uzi Reloading Recipes

hermiemhermiem Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
Anyone have any good reloads for a Century UC-9 or Uzi using either a 115 gr or 124 gr FMJRN bullet? Also, what is the better weight 115 gr or 124 gr for this weapon? My UC-9 has the 16.5" barrel. A few individuals have indicated the 124 gr because of the extra distances the 16.5" barrel can effectively reach if need be. As always any constructive suggestions are appreciated! Mike

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only Uzi I ever loaded for was in 45ACP and suppressed. I feed it the same load as my 1911A1.

I would try both bullets with several powders if you have or can get them. Your firearm will tell you what it likes best out of the ammo you feed it.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I load 124gr for mine with 4.5gr ww231
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Charlie - As always thanks!

quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    The only Uzi I ever loaded for was in 45ACP and suppressed. I feed it the same load as my 1911A1.

I would try both bullets with several powders if you have or can get them. Your firearm will tell you what it likes best out of the ammo you feed it.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found the heavier bullets and at or near max loads were the best for mine - a "B" model with a LaFrance sear group. The Israeli military load is pretty hot so the weapon is set up for a powerful load. I also used 130 grain .38 Super slugs and they worked well as well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks - Really appreciate it!

quote:Originally posted by 62fuelie
    I found the heavier bullets and at or near max loads were the best for mine - a "B" model with a LaFrance sear group. The Israeli military load is pretty hot so the weapon is set up for a powerful load. I also used 130 grain .38 Super slugs and they worked well as well.