In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.270 Win. load data...

SwanKongSwanKong Member Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭
Could someone tell me if a 43.9 gr. charge of Reloader 15 with a Sierra 130 gr. Gameking is a load in the published Sierra data? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not in the 4th edition.

Speer No 12 thinks you are OK.
    About 200 fps less than what you could get with Re 22 or several other slower powders, though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, thanks, well my friend dropped of his components with a load for 140 gr. Nosler bullets that he seems to think will interchange with a Sierra 130 grain. Just had to verify, the Sierra book is about the only one I do not own.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    When Nosler first came out with the AccuBond bullets, the only ones I could find for 270 where 140 grain. I have loaded Jack O'Connor's 270 receipt for 40 years, at least. The only difference being, I've used H4831SC since it first came out, instead of standard H4831.
    Back to the 140gr AccuBond bullets, I couldn't find any load information on the 140s, so, I loaded up 3 of them to the same receipt as the 130gr grain Patricians, O'Connor's old standby of 59 grains of H4831SC and a Winchester primer. Shot in the same hole as the 130 grainers, no pressure signs, So, I continue to load 140 grain Accubonds to the same specs as I do 130 Noslers.
    W.D.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a very good powder for the 270 Winchester. I would tell him to get some type of 4350 or 4831.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Rob is exactly right, H4350 or H4831SC are far better powders than Reloader 15, for the 270 Win.
    W.D.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies, I managed to get my hands on a Sierra manual and told him the get Reloader 22 (its listed and its what they had in stock).
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FWIW: I switched to RL22 from H4831 in loading 130's. It seems to me to be closer to the old surplus H4831 than the current H4831. But any of the 4350's, 4831's, or RL19 work well, too (with proper charges, of course).