In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bullet Info

RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
IMG_2114_zps87843963.jpg.html?filters[user]=141206523&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
IMG_2114_zps87843963.jpg.html?filters[user]=141206523&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Hoping for some information on these bullets without having to dissect one and do a bunch of range tests.
They're .257 diameter, 100 grain. Wondering if their construction would make them suitable as a game bullet for larger whitetails?
Any information greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob

Comments

• Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Robert,
    Your pictures didn't come through.
    W.D.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    100 grains of lead upside the head is good for larger whitetails, regardless of construction.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MG,
    Point well taken, and under the right circumstances I wouldn't hesitate to make a clean head shot with even a .222.
    That said, and the reason for my original question, if it's the last day of the season and my freezer is empty, I want to have confidence that I'm using a bullet capable of breaking a front shoulder and doing damage beyond.