In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

8208 XBR in the 308?

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
Any one loading it? I tried 43.0 and 43.3 with Berger 155 match bullets and HORNADAY match brass. Not real impressed so far. It seems the old standby of IMR4895 is still on top in my rifle.

Comments

• Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was that the optimal node on your ladder? 43.0 or 43.3? I've had excellent performance. Its not sensitive to temperature either. Meters well too. I haven't tried it with a bullet that light, but I've had excellent results in the 41~42gr range pending bullet, with 175's, 178's, and 185's. Also started using it in my 223rem at 23.2gr behind 77gr matchkings and scenars.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not worked with the .308, but it is excellent in my AR and 22-250 bolt action.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by leeblackman
    Was that the optimal node on your ladder? 43.0 or 43.3? I've had excellent performance. Its not sensitive to temperature either. Meters well too. I haven't tried it with a bullet that light, but I've had excellent results in the 41~42gr range pending bullet, with 175's, 178's, and 185's. Also started using it in my 223rem at 23.2gr behind 77gr matchkings and scenars.

I did a quick and dirty two load try with the 155's.

Next I'll step up the 168 SMK and see if results are better. I like the temperature stability claims. I shoot year round, unless its raining like it was that day [:I]
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Dang Bruce did you not know that shooting in the rain opens up group size over 4X

NOT lol
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tried varget[?][;)]
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have always been partial to 748 and BLC2 for the 308 Winchester.