In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

338-375 RUGER

For those of you that have ever had questions as to where to find load data for the 338-375 Ruger, the Hornady loading manual #9 has a listing for the 330 Dakota. The data for this chambering is a good starting point for the 338 Ruger. Volumn for the Dakota and the Ruger cases are extremely close. Would recommend starting with a mid range load and work up from there. I have worked up loads with four different powders and have been able to go past the max loading listed for the 330 Dakota before seeing any pressure signs. Have loaded 250 Berger Elite Hunter, 225 Hornady Interbond and 225 Barnes TTSX. Keep in mind, all the data I recorded was for MY rifle and working up a load in a different rifle should always err on the side of caution. Comments and questions are welcome.

Cheers,

CC

Comments

• Options
    COMCHIEFCOMCHIEF Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone have load data or any info on this this chambering?
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.loaddata.com/members/search_detail.cfm?MetallicID=841

I miss the old days when you could just fill the case with 4831, seat a bullet and you had a good load.

Google didn't really have anything new on the cartridge, must be on the way to obsolete.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    charliemeyer007,

Google is NOT the end all for searches. I have stated this a thousand times and your statement is just one more of the long line of Google failures.

quote:... must be on the way to obsolete.

Since the .338-375 Ruger was never a SAAMI cartridge or commercially available, obsolete doesn't apply. It is and always has been a wildcat. I think this (.375 Ruger) was the first cartridge where we instated the 15 minute window for wildcats. It took about 15 minutes for folks to neck the case up and down into every configuration that was safe. Pictures were posted on the internet and credit was taken for new cartridges all over the world. The owner of a shooting website with forums attached has taken credit for being the official creator of the cartridge. I'm sure someone beat him to it but he posted and publicly took credit for naming it. Such it life!

Best.