In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Springfield XDm 5.25 competition reviews?

Anyone on here have one? I am looking to get one in 45acp to run in USPSA Limited-10. Will most likely get a PRP match trigger for it as well. Anyone running one of these?

Comments

• Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    Due to the abundance of positive reviews given here, I went and bought one[:D]. I actually looked a lot online and saw a bunch of upside. I have 2 other xd45s and figure if I want a 45 competition gun it might as well be an xd that uses the same mags. I let you guys know how it shoots.
  • Options
    noyljnoylj Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish I had one in 9x19. Been semi-drooling over them since they first came out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by noylj
    I wish I had one in 9x19. Been semi-drooling over them since they first came out.

closest store to me wanted $829 for a new one. I found one with about 200 rds through it on here for $599. Comes in tomorrow. I'll let you know how it shoots.
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A neighbor of mine has the 45 acp xdm 5.25 in bi-tone, beautiful gun, has a very nice trigger, fits may hand like a glove, nicely balanced, good sights, and is way better then I can shoot it on my best day.
    It has several thousand rounds through it, all our own hand loads, and has yet to bobble or have any issues at all.
    I have been looking for its' twin for myself for a while, the bi-tones seem a bit hard to find and are seemingly always much higher priced the the solid blue version.
    Gonna get me one soon I hope. Wish I could find a lightly used one for that $600. in my neck of the woods.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TANK78Z
    A neighbor of mine has the 45 acp xdm 5.25 in bi-tone, beautiful gun, has a very nice trigger, fits may hand like a glove, nicely balanced, good sights, and is way better then I can shoot it on my best day.
    It has several thousand rounds through it, all our own hand loads, and has yet to bobble or have any issues at all.
    I have been looking for its' twin for myself for a while, the bi-tones seem a bit hard to find and are seemingly always much higher priced the the solid blue version.
    Gonna get me one soon I hope. Wish I could find a lightly used one for that $600. in my neck of the woods.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=487749543
    Just a bit over your budget...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TANK78Z

there was a bi-tone 45 on the auction side that just sold for $635 with 6 mags. They can be found.
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by TANK78Z quote:
    Originally posted by goldeneagle76 quote:there was a bi-tone 45 on the auction side that just sold for $635 with 6 mags. They can be found.

Never saw that one!
    And to add insult to injury..I could have driven over there to pick it up !!!
    Guess I need to be more diligent in my searches.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Search under "xdm competition", that is where I was finding more
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, installed a Powder River Ultimate Comp trigger and a heavier guide rod. This thing is one sweet shooter. Only had her out to 10 yds trying different loads. White box and UMC were shooting nicely...then I had some weaker loads made up of 230 gr lead rn with 5gr Win231. Holy crap did they shoot nice! If I did my part they were making a ragged hole. Tried a few quick 10 round strings at 25 yds and kept most in the A zone of a USPSA target. I love this thing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Only complaint, that seems to be prevelent, is that the front sight is a little large. Might look into a Dawson .100 front sight down the road.