In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Missouri Bullet Co 9mm 124 gr lead RN

v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
This bullet was obviously resized down from the 38-357 bullet in their catalog.
As a result bore dimension of this bullet extends too far forward, making for an underlength cartridge below SAAMI Specs that will not chamber or feed in a number of my 9mm pistols.
9mm being a relatively high pressure cartridge needs lighter loads for this deep seating to be safe that is if they do feed at all.
Missouri's "expert" doesn't accept SAAMI's specs of cartridge OAL 1.095-1.169 and says this bullet will load at 1.080.
For RN, my guns like 1.160 OAL or thereabouts.
None of my loading tables give data for rn lead at 1.080 OAL.

Comments

• 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact Berry's and get the weight of 9mm bullet you want in a plated bullet. Very consistent products and load properly to SAAMI specs in all the 9mm calibers I have tried.
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lyman has data for 125 JHP and 120 cast loaded that short.
    It's not a "recipe" for your exact combination, but good hand loading practice will give you a workable load.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This note was intended as a warning to handloaders who innocently buy this non SAAMI spec unuseable 9mm lead bullet.