In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

fiocchi 410 loading data

peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
I need loading data for some 3" 410 gauge fiocchi shot shells, thanks

Comments

• Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Your starter crimp needs to be a little deeper and hold the case with your thumb and 2 fingers so it doesn't collapse. I have always used the Winchester components and load data, never looked to see if that was correct, but they shoot just fine.

You will need slight machine adjustments to load these hulls vs. WW or Rem, but very doable.

Good luck
  • Options
    peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    20gabob20gabob Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You didn't say what you were wanting to do with your 3" Fiocchi reloads so i will assume you are wanting to hunt with them. I use a winchester 209 primer-16.5 gr of Win 296 powder-and a Remington 3' 410 ga wad-with a full 3/4 ounce of the best shot i can buy for hunting with the 410. My over/under is choked ic/mod and with a load of copper 6's will kill pheasants reliably out slightly past 30 yards. I realize that some of the components i listed are now discontinued but are still available with a little looking. The 410 is not a cheap gun to shoot if you want reliable kills with it, it needs the best of everything to work well, but it is a really fun hunting gun if you do your part.