In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone use blue bullets?

bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
I bot some a few months ago. Polymer coated. Not plated. Not powder coated. Polymer.

They were having a sale with free shipping. And I bot some .45 and 9mm.

I've been to their site and read their pitch.

But I'd love to hear any first hand experiences.

Comments

• Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Nyclad? These were made to reduce airborne lead in indoor ranges. They have a dark blue coating that supposedly contain the lead particles upon firing.
    Rumor was that the coating allowed them to penetrate body armor, but it never happened.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still have a few boxed of Federal NYCLAD 9mm's. I also know that Federal is going to be releasing a red polymer coated FMJ bullet.

I had some blue Barnes Match Burners in .224, but the coating was like a molley. Never could get the Barnes to shoot.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are forty-leven shops making coated lead bullets these days as an alternative to wax lube. Lets them make a low smoke, low fouling bullet without having to tool up for plating.

Blue Bullets is just one of the crowd. They, like Falcon, mix their own coating; many of the others like Bayou, BBI, MBC, etc etc. use Hi Tek coating made in Australia.

No connection with historic Nyclad.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Do you have to wait 20 minutes after loading before they are effective?...................[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hawk Carse
    There are forty-leven shops making coated lead bullets these days as an alternative to wax lube. Lets them make a low smoke, low fouling bullet without having to tool up for plating.

Blue Bullets is just one of the crowd. They, like Falcon, mix their own coating; many of the others like Bayou, BBI, MBC, etc etc. use Hi Tek coating made in Australia.

No connection with historic Nyclad.

Yes. This is accurate. ^^^^

Nothing special or impressive. Just an alternative to plated bullets, cause I'm currently too cheap to load FMJ bullets...

Just wondering if anyone had any experience first hand. I've got all the website and google noise. Just looking for someone who had pulled the crank and fired a few downrange.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dakotashooter2
    Do you have to wait 20 minutes after loading before they are effective?...................[:p]

Hah!!

Just got that. No. They aren't that type of blue bullets.[:I][:I][:I][:D]